ESCODISC DMU SERIES COUPLINGS
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE ESCODISC DMU SERIES COUPLINGS
Multidisc pack version
Torque up to 260,000 Nm
Bore up to 370 mm
Disc couplings are of an all-metal, non-lubricated design and are torsionally stiff. The torque is transmitted by means of discs, which are alternatively mounted (on the same bolt circle) to the drive and driven flange of the disc pack assembly.
The misalignment capacity depends on the pack thickness, the disc material, the amount of drive bolts and the free span of the material between the drive bolts.
The total torque capacity depends on the disc pack thickness, total number of drive bolts and their bolt circle.
Disc couplings will in most cases have two flexible elements and a spacer. As all parts are positively connected, this disc coupling ensures good inherent balancing properties and is hence often used at motor speeds without additional balancing. Escodisc couplings meet the API 610 standards.
The Escodisc DMU series is built for infinite life and to meet the demands of the market for efficiency, lower maintenance and reduced life cycle costs. It is the ideal solution to a multitude of applications up to 260,000 Nm (and larger upon request), thanks to its high torque, bore and misalignment capacities, its high degree of natural inherent balance (lower AGMA class 9) up to size 85.
THE ESCO ADVANTAGE
The ESCODISC DMU series offers:
• Unitized disc pack that can be replaced on site
• Discs with an optimized shape unitized as a pack
• Fillers avoiding contact between discs hence no fretting corrosion
• Coasting down torque transmission guaranteeing in case of disc pack failure
• Easy assembly and disassembly
Alike the other ESCO disc couplings, the ESCODISC DMU – series also offers:
• Optimized shaped stainless-steel discs for equal load distribution
• No problems in dirty and corrosive environments due to the use of stainless steel discs and protected bolts
• AISI 301 Full hard stainless-steel discs
• Special plated hardware
• Precisely drilled and reamed flange holes
• Black oxyded overall steel parts, oiled for protection
• High torque and high continuous misalignment capacity
• Maintenance free
• Very low and predictable reaction forces on associated equipment
• No disc buckling, no fretting corrosion between the discs