TB Wood’s Dura-Flex® couplings are designed from the ground up using finite element analysis to maximize flex life. Perfect for a wide variety of applications — including those with uniform to heavy shock loads — Dura-Flex® couplings employ a light weight element that absorbs shock loading and torsional vibration. These couplings are available in stock bore-to-size (BTS, Taper-Lock® and Sure-Grip® bushed (QT) hubs.
Dura-Flex Couplings Product Specifications
- Bore-to-size (BTS), Sure-Grip bushed (QD), and Taper-Lock® hubs are available
- Specially designed “split-in-half flex element” moves stress away from bond, extending flex life
- Directly interchangeable with similar couplings for fast and easy replacement
- One spacer size eliminates problems with varying between-shaft spacings
- Requires no lubrication, minimizing maintenance and downtime
- Flexible polyurethane material offers superior chemical, dynamic, and weathering properties
Dura-Flex Couplings Product Data
- Please reference Section F2 of the Flexible Couplings Catalog (P-1690)
- Installation Sheet – Dura-Flex® Couplings
- Installation Sheet – Dura-Flex® Couplings – (Metric)
- Up to 4.50 kNm; 39,500 in.lb.
- Easy to assemble/replace
- High misalignment ratings
- No maintenance/lubrication
- Part-for-part interchangeable with industry standard design
- In-stock versatile spacer design can accommodate many configurations with few parts
- Designed from the ground up using finite element analysis to maximize flex life.
- Easy two piece element installation. No need to move the hubs during replacement.
- One spacer size to handle most different between shaft spacings.
- Light weight element absorbs shock loading and torsional vibration.
- Same hubs used on both spacer and standard elements.
- Good chemical resistance.
- ATEX Certification for Dura-Flex® couplings.